This five-member commission acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council in matters pertaining to the arts and the development and promotion of arts programs and activities. Specific duties include:
- Review those portions of master plans of park or facility development or expansion which relate to the arts, for adequacy, appearance and other appropriate criteria, in an attempt to ensure good design and then make recommendations to City Council.
- Review and make recommendations on the Arts Sub-Element of the General Plan.
- Review and make recommendations regarding agreements with arts-related outside groups and recommend funding allocations.
- Make policy recommendations regarding the purchase of art for public buildings and for art in private development in accordance with Council Policy 6.4.3. Art in Private Development.
- Study the regional and state Arts Master Plans and make recommendations to the City Council.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
in the Neighborhood Room located in the Recreation Building at the Community Center, 550 E. Remington Drive, unless otherwise noted.
Community Center or Senior Center, 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94087.
West Conference Room (WCR), City Hall, 456 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale CA 94086.
Council Chambers, City Hall, 456 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale CA 94086.
Beginning in January 2014, meeting agendas, reports and minutes will be available on InSite
, the City's agenda management system web portal.