Summer recruitment is currently underway for the following board and commission openings, effective July 1, 2015:
• Arts Commission (1)
• Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission – Category One (1)
• Board of Library Trustees (2)
• Heritage Preservation Commission (2)
• Housing and Human Services Commission (1)
• Parks and Recreation Commission (1)
• Personnel Board (1)
• Planning Commission (2)
• Sustainability Commission (1)
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2015 in order to be scheduled for an interview with Council. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 13 and 18 and appointments by Council are tentatively scheduled for May 19.
General eligibility requirements include Sunnyvale residency and voter registration. Applications to serve on a City board or commission are accepted on a continuous basis; applications received after the deadline will be considered for future openings. See How to Apply for special eligibility requirements. City residents interested in serving on a board or commission may download an application by clicking the link below or contacting the Office of the City Clerk.
Incumbent Request for Reappointment