The Human Relations and Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee (HRCDAC) was created by City Council to promote awareness, tolerance and understanding among Sunnyvale community members. The committee advises staff on City programs and activities related to human relations and cultural diversity issues, including making recommendations on:
- Methods to ensure that all residents are welcome in Sunnyvale and have equal access to City services and programs;
- Ways to collaborate with community groups to create diversity-related educational programs;
- Effective, creative strategies to encourage civic engagement of all community members;
- Supporting staff efforts to build relationships with cultural groups and leaders in order to promote access to City services and community engagement;
- Emerging human relations and cultural diversity issues and communit needs; and
- Human relations and cultural diversity-related Study Issues for City Council consideration.
Who is eligible to serve on the committee?
Community members living and/or working in Sunnyvale are encouraged to apply.
Human Relations and Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee members:
- Leslie Bulbuk
- Fred Dalili
- Nili Helman-Caspi
- Yeonil Jeong
- Terri Lau
Staff Liaison: Nathan Truitt, Program Coordinator