City of Sunnyvale
Fit & Fun Earth Day Fair
Healthy Earth, Healthy You, Healthy Community
SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2015
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
at Columbia Neighborhood Center
785 Morse Avenue, Sunnyvale
Celebrate wellness and green living and bring the family to the City of Sunnyvale Fit & Fun Earth Day Fair for an afternoon of fun, entertainment and valuable community wellness information. Admission is free. Some planned activities include:
• Rock Wall, Obstacle Course, Bounce House, Bike Rodeo
• Fun on the Run, Carnival Games and Prizes
• Free bike inspections and tune ups
• Health Screenings: diabetes, vision, BMI, blood pressure, oral health check for kids
• 65+ exhibitors showcasing health, environmental and family resources
• Gourmet Food Trucks
• Kids Tours of Fire Rigs, Squad Cars and Meet our K-9 Officer
• Car Seat Safety Inspections
• Pharmaceutical Collection/Disposal
• Jr. GIANTS Baseball League Sign Up (free, non-competitive for ages 5-13)
Opportunities to Exhibit or Volunteer!
Now Accepting Exhibitor Applications
Download Exhibitor Registration Packet
All forms are due by March 27, 2015.
We hope that your organization will be able to join us for the 2015 City of Sunnyvale Fit & Fun Earth Day Fair! This year, we are proudly partnering with our city's Environmental Services Department
to celebrate Earth Day and community wellness at the fair. This is a wonderful opportunity to provide community outreach to over 1,500 residents, network with other organizations and showcase the wonderful work that you do!
Businesses and organizations that would like to participate should demonstrate information related to sustainability, protecting the environment, health, safety and/or wellness resources for adults and/or children in the Sunnyvale Community.
All documentation is due by March 27.
Please complete it as soon as possible to secure your space at the event. Space is available first come, first serve and there is no fee or deposit to register.
We appreciate your continued support and participation to help make this event a success!
Now Accepting Volunteer Applications
Deadline to apply and to make a fingerprinting appointment, if needed, is April 13.
With this year’s expanded focus including Earth Day festivities, there is a need for additional volunteers at this fun event. Volunteers are needed from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for various tasks and shifts including set-up and clean-up, assistance with free health assessments, entertainment, healthy living demonstrations, recycling and water saving tips, games, and food.
Volunteers must be at least 13 years old, and those 18 and older who are working during the fair hours (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) are required to complete fingerprinting through Sunnyvale’s Public Safety Department.
All volunteers must be pre-registered – no walk-ins allowed.
- Set-up, 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. - light breakfast provided
- During the fair, 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. (fingerprinting required for volunteers 18 and older) - light breakfast and lunch provided
- Clean-up, 2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. or when finished.
TO APPLY AS A VOLUNTEER:
If you are currently a City of Sunnyvale volunteer, send an email to CNC@sunnyvale.ca.gov with your shift preference. Please DO NOT submit a new application. Additional details will be sent to you.
New volunteers: Submit a Fit & Fun Earth Day Fair Volunteer Application. Make sure to indicate your shift preference and T-shirt size if you are working during the main fair hours.
Groups: An FAQ for groups signing up together is available. Send an email to CNC@sunnyvale.ca.gov for a copy.