2016 Shredding Events
8 a.m.—12 p.m., 301 Carl Road
Document shredding service for residents from Sunnyvale, Mountain View, and Palo Alto at no charge. Residents will be required to provide proof of residency using a picture I.D. with an address from one of the three cities, or picture I.D. with a current utility bill.
Commercial/business customers and residents of other cities will not be admitted to the events.
Shredding Event Procedures
- Follow signs and cones. Cars line up and IDs are checked for residency.
- Cars are guided into the area with the shredding trucks and staff and volunteers provide assistance in off-loading boxes.
- Limit of 5 banker-sized boxes (approx. 18" x 12" x 10") or paper bags per household.
- Documents are dumped into carts which are then pulled up into the trucks for immediate shredding.
- Paperclips, credit cards, staples, spiral notebooks, and rubber bands are acceptable. No heavy binders or binder clips (to prevent damage to shredding equipment).
Documents will be shredded inside the trucks using "pierce and tear"
shredding equipment and the shredded paper is recycled.
You only need to shred personal documents
such as anything that has information like your name, address, phone number, social security number, or bank account information, including ATM receipts, credit card receipts, bills, and even used airline tickets.
Shredding events are popular! While our volunteers work diligently to keep traffic flowing, we appreciate your patience when experiencing delays.
Return to Garbage, Recycling and Waste Reduction