Several optional services are available for businesses in addition to regular garbage service:
Push service is available for an extra charge to commercial customers who:
- Have 1,2, or 3 cubic yard garbage bins;
- Do not want to allow the truck on their property;
- Do not want to move container to the curb; or
- Have property that prevents physical truck access.
The Specialty Solid Waste & Recycling driver will move the container to the curb, empty it, and return it to the enclosure. Customers with larger bins, debris boxes, and compactors must agree to allow collection vehicles on their property and relieve Specialty of any liability for normal wear and tear to paved areas.
Bins and debris boxes containing any of the following materials will not be emptied.
- Hazardous materials/products
- Wet paint
- Fluorescent tubes/bulbs
- Grease and oils
- Dead animals larger than a cat
- Loose, unbagged Styrofoam packing pellets, ashes, sawdust, cat litter/pet waste
To deter unauthorized use of your garbage bin, locks are available from Specialty for a nominal fee.
Cleaning & Painting Services
There is no charge for the first cleaning/painting of your garbage bin within a 12-month period. Call Sunnyvale Commercial Utilities at (408) 730-7400 to order cleaning and painting services.
Back to Garbage, Recycling and Waste Reduction