Make kids smile by joining the City's Summer Teen Volunteer Program! If you are 13-18 years old, volunteer in our Summer camps, Aquatics and Theater programs and gain experience that will help you become a great leader! The City offers a wide variety of regular and specialty youth summer camps, arts and theater camps, and swim-related activities providing many opportunities for teen volunteers to get involved, help others and have fun.
Applications will be accepted between Monday, March 2, 2015
and Monday, May 4, 2015.
Spaces are limited. Apply today! Must be 13-18 years of age, or turn 13 on or before June 15, 2015.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete ALL of the following steps. Steps 1 - 5 must be completed by May 4, 2015.
- Before completing your application, read carefully the Summer Teen Volunteer Guidelines to understand what is required and how the program is run.
- If you are a NEW volunteer to this program, complete and submit the online Summer Teen Volunteer Application.
- If you are a RETURNING volunteer: Email Jesus Raygoza to let us know you are interested in volunteering again this year. Provide your full name, and be sure to let us know if your email, phone number or address has changed.
- Complete the Summer Teen Volunteer Program Interest Form. Go to the Summer Teen Program Interest Form (online version) for an interest form you can complete electronically and submit as an email attachment, or go to the Summer Teen Program Interest Form (hard copy version) to print, complete and submit a paper copy. The Summer Teen Volunteer Program Interest Form must be signed by your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18.
- Send the completed and signed Summer Teen Program Interest Form both by email to Jesus Raygoza (as an attachment) and send a paper copy to: Jesus Raygoza, 550 E. Remington Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3707.
- If you are 18 years of age or older you will need to be fingerprinted (at no cost to you) in order to participate in the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, unless you previously completed the City's fingerprinting process and are cleared to volunteer. You will be contacted by Jesus Raygoza regarding the fingerprinting process.
- Call (408) 730-7350 to register for the Summer Teen Volunteer Program.
- All volunteers must attend an Orientation and Placement day on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 10 am - 2 pm. Volunteers will be oriented to the program and select the summer programs and weeks to sign up for. Please ensure that all paperwork (Summer Teen Volunteer Application and Summer Teen Volunteer Program Interest Form) is completed and turned in BEFORE the May 9, 2015 Orientation and Placement day.
- Volunteers in Theater, Traditional and Summer Express camps must also attend a mandatory training on Thursday, June 11, 2015.
- Volunteers in our Aquatic Centers must also attend Aquatics mandatory training on Thursday, June 11, 2015.
All required training dates are MANDATORY. Volunteers must attend these dates or may be dropped from the program.
If you have questions about the Summer Teen Program, please contact the Summer Teen Program Volunteer Coordinator Jesus Raygoza