• How to Report Graffiti


DPS/Neighborhood Preservation
700 All America Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94088
(408) 730-7610

Contact Us:
Neighborhood Preservation


How to Report Graffiti

If you see someone spraying graffiti call the Department of Public Safety at 9-1-1 or (408) 736-6244 and give as much information as you can about the suspects and location.

The following are ways to report graffiti on City property, private property, or on other property such as bus stops, mail boxes, and newspaper racks:

Graffiti Hotline:  (408) 730-7680

Report graffiti online

Report graffiti to Neighborhood Preservation by e-mail

 If you have graffiti on your property, you should:

  • File a police report by reporting the graffiti to the Department of Public Safety by calling the non-emergency  number:  (408) 730-7100.
  • Ask Public Safety to complete an incident report; a common requirement for insurance companies.
  • Take a picture before you remove the graffiti. 
  • Graffiti should be removed promptly to reduce the chances of reoccurrence. For information on how to remove graffiti from different surfaces, visit How to Remove Graffiti.

Report graffiti (at bus stops, mail boxes, newspaper racks, etc.) directly to the responsible agency. 

Below is a list of telephone numbers and on-line reporting forms for public agencies and businesses.

Outside Agency


On-Line Graffiti and Complaint Report Forms and E-Mail Links

AT&T (utility cabinets)

1(866) 577-7726

AT&T (utility cabinets and structures)

AT&T (pay phones)

1(800) 924-3666

AT&T (pay phones only)

Caltrain corridors

1(800) 660-4287

Caltrain (train stops, signs, and shelters

California Water Service  Company

(650) 917-0152

Cal Water Service Company (pump station properties, fences and structures)

City of Sunnyvale (City or Private property)

(408) 730-7680

City of Sunnyvale


(925) 424-0396

Comcast (utility cabinets and structures)

Highways - Caltrans

(510) 286-4444 or (510) 268-4810

Caltrans (highway signs, entrances/exits)

Newspaper racks - Metro

(408) 200-1370

No on-line reporting available

Newspaper racks - San Jose Mercury

1(800) 870-6397

No on-line reporting available

PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric)

1(800) 743-5000

PG&E (utility cabinets and structures)

Santa Clara County Expressways

(408) 494-1307

Santa Clara County Expressways

Santa Clara Valley Water


Santa Clara Valley Water

USPS (United States Postal Service)

No telephone reporting available

United States Postal Service

VTA (Santa ClaraValley Transportation Authority)

(408) 321-5800

VTA (Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority) (bus stops and shelters)

Please report any changed or broken links you find to: Neighborhood Preservation or call (408) 730-7610.



City of Sunnyvale

Normal City Hours of Operation are
8 a.m. until 5 p.m.

(408) 730-7500

  • Sunnyvale City Hall
  • 456 W. Olive Ave.
  • Sunnyvale, CA 94086
  • TDD (408) 730-7501
  • Map and Directions 
  • City of Sunnyvale Logo

Can't Find It?

Follow Us

Follow us on Facebok Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Google+ Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Vimeo Follow us on YouTube

About the Web Site

The City of Sunnyvale Web Site
is maintained by the Sunnyvale Communications Office and
the Department of Information Technology.

Questions? Contact Us.

The Fine Print