Economic growth in Sunnyvale is driven by a partnership between the City and the business community and is supported by a dynamic business environment and a history of innovation. Economic Development staff works directly with businesses as their first link to City government. We anticipate the needs of businesses and support processes and technologies to help our businesses bring their products to market in a timely manner.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Sunnyvale business community. Contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Economic Development Manager
Economic Development Specialist
Join us for our Free Small Business Workshops
When: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Time: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Where: Sunnyvale Public Library - Program Room
Financing Your Business
A panel of experts representing Small Business Administration (SBA), a microlender, an SBA Community Advantage lender, and a bank or credit union will discuss financing options, what lenders are looking for, credit requirements, and the importance of a relationship with a financial institution. Eligibility guidelines and loan application procedures will also be covered.
Your Key to Entrepreneurship: Buying a Franchise
In this workshop we review the different ownership options, giving you flexibility and the lifestyle you want – including starting a business from scratch, buying an existing business and buying a franchise. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of each and help you decide what option is right for you!
You will learn:
- Why business ownership? Why now?
- Risks and rewards that come along with being your own boss
- Advantages and disadvantages of starting a business from scratch, buying an existing business and buying a franchise
- Learn the different ownership options, giving you flexibility and the lifestyle you want
- Franchising myths and misconceptions
- How to diversify your investment portfolio through business ownership
- The reality of creating an asset for your future through a business
- Strategies for finding the best business system for you and your family
Workshops are sponsored by the City of Sunnyvale, U.S. Small Business Administration, and FranNet of the Bay Area.
Contact Economic Development to register or if you have any questions.