- Skill Level: Advanced Beginners (minimum of 3 beginning classes) to advanced-level potters
- Age 18+
- Attire: Open-toe shoes and dangling jewelry are not permitted
- Pre-purchased Pottery Pass – See Purchase or Renew a Studio Pass
- Scheduled appointment – Go to Open Studio Appointments
Advice from the kiln technician is available during open studio. Demonstrations will not be conducted at this time.
- 5 electric pottery wheels
- Kick wheel (must be reserved during appointment time)
- Slab roller
- Spray booth and extruder
- Two 16.5 cubic foot electric kilns
- Two 24 cubic foot gas kilns, with cone 10 oxidation and reduction firing
- Low-fire Raku kiln
Kiln use: Kiln use is for group firings. No works over 20” x 20” x 24” are accepted for firing. Allow three to four weeks for firing due to decreased participation. The kiln will be run when full.
What to Bring
You must bring your own pottery supplies which you have purchased in advance. Supplies may be purchased online or at the registration desk. Tools in the studio may not be shared (due to COVID protocols).
Notice: No production pottery, outside firing, outside clay or glazes, will be permitted.
You must purchase clay from the City for use and storage in the studio. If you do not currently have clay stored in the studio, you must purchase it at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
You must bring your own needle tool, wooden knife, metal and wood rib, wire cutter, sponge and trimming/loop tool. If you don’t have these items, purchase the Basic Pottery Tool Kit which includes them all.
Bat: You will be supplied with one bat for your wheel. You may also bring your own bats. Additional bats will not be available at the studio due to COVID protocols.
How to Purchase Supplies
You may purchase Clay or the Basic Pottery Tool Kit:
- Online (click the “Events, Passes and Tickets” button)
- In-person at the Community Center Registration desk
- By phone: 408-730-7350
In-person and by phone during business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Fees (price includes sales tax)
- Clay: $31 per 25-pound bag. Price includes glazing and firing for your finished work.
- Basic Pottery Tool Kit: $30
You will receive an email from email@example.com with your paid receipt and item ticket. Redeem the ticket for Clay and the Basic Pottery Tool Kit at the Pottery Studio either on your mobile phone or printed copy.
Find Beginning Pottery Classes