Donate Now! Make your tax-deductible donation to:
City of Sunnyvale
665 W. Olive Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Attention: Sunnyvale Public Library
Contact Library Administration at 408-730-7314
Thank you so much for thinking of the Library. We welcome donations of the following:
- Hard-covered and soft-covered books in good condition
- DVDs and Blu-ray
- Books on CD
- Music CDs
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Encyclopedias more than 5 years old
- Audio and video cassette tapes
- Homemade recordings
- Items that are damaged, incomplete or in poor condition
The Library accepts donations during open hours. You may donate up to four bags or boxes of materials on any one day.
We have different donation options depending on whether you would like a receipt for your donation or if you would like assistance bringing in items from your vehicle:
- If you do not need assistance bringing in items and would like a donation receipt, drop off donated items at the Customer Service Desk.
- If you would like assistance unloading items from your vehicle, visit the Customer Service Desk without your items. Ask staff for assistance, and we will arrange for someone to meet you at your vehicle at the loading dock. You may request and complete an optional donation receipt at the Desk.
- If you do not need assistance and do not wish to receive a donation receipt, then drop off items at the Customer Service Desk or at the loading dock.
We are unable to add all donated items to the Library's collection. We give items to the Friends of the Sunnyvale Public Library to sell at book sales, and the proceeds benefit the Library.
For more information see the Library's donation policy.