New York Times Available
Access the New York Times online for free with your Sunnyvale Public Library card.
This digital version of the newspaper features direct access to NYTimes.com from 1851 to the present and includes the following:
- All regular newspaper content (articles, editorials, etc.)
- All multimedia, including video, photography, VR features and all new multimedia to come
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese versions of NYTimes.com
- Personalized access, including e-mail newsletters such as California Today, mobile apps for phones and tablets, with customizable news feeds, and article recommendations based on topics you most commonly read.
Free Library card access does not include the following:
Access The New York Times inside the Library
While using a Library computer or while connected to the Library’s WiFi on your own device, navigate directly to NYTimes.com.
All users will be asked to create an account and log in or log in with an existing NYTimes.com account.
You will be granted free unlimited access after logging in.
Access The New York Times outside the Library
If you are located elsewhere other than at the Library, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the above link, which includes a code.
- You will then be asked to register and log in or log in with an existing NYTimes.com account.
- After logging in, you may access NYTimes.com for 24 hours when not at the Library. After the 24-hour period has expired, you must click again on the link above to unlock the code for continued access.
Free access to The New York Times online has been generously provided by The California State Library.
March 3, 2021
Last Updated: Nov 10, 2017