Find Free Tax Help
We will not be hosting free tax help at the Library in 2021. Please take a look at the following tax help resources:
Preparing Your Own Tax Return:
You can prepare your own tax return for free using IRS Free File or IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax.
- File your federal taxes online for free with IRS Free File. Select the Free File software that best meets your needs. Note that for taxpayers with an income above $72,000, IRS Free File does not offer state tax filing.
- Intuit offers a Free File product, IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax.
- You are eligible if:
- Your adjusted gross income (AGI) is $39,000 or less; OR
- You were active duty military in 2020 with an AGI of $72,000 or less OR
- You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC).
- If you are eligible, visit Tax Time Allies for tutorials and support materials to help you prepare your own taxes with the IRS Free File Program delivered By TurboTax.
Having a Certified Volunteer Prepare Your Return:
If you would like a certified volunteer to complete your tax return for free through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, enter your zip code in the location search on VITA's website.
Many VITA sites will not be doing taxpayer assistance in person, but will have a variety of ways to prepare the return for the taxpayer:
April 13, 2021
Last Updated: Nov 10, 2017