Library Services Available
The Sunnyvale Public Library building is currently closed to the public. However, we are pleased to provide two outdoor service options: Express Holds Pickup and Express Holds Pickup by Appointment. Maintain a distance of 6 feet apart and wear a mask.
Express Holds Pickup – Pick up holds for library materials. To use this service, you must have holds ready and have called us at 408-730-7309 at least one hour in advance of your arrival.
- Monday, closed
- Tuesday, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, closed
Express Holds Pickup by Appointment – Pickup holds for library materials. To use this service, you must book an appointment. On the day of your appointment, we will check out any holds ready for you and have them waiting for you at the Library front door at your appointment time. You may pick up items for multiple family members at the same time by providing their name(s) and library card number(s) when making the appointment.
- By phone: 408-730-7300, Monday and Wednesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- By email: Contact Us, 24 hours/7 days
- By chat: At the bottom of any page, click the blue box to "Chat with a Librarian." Enter your question, and we will live chat with you through our website in real time. We are available Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
You may return items to the Library anytime.
- How do Outdoor Services work? Will you still offer computer use? WiFi? Find out more about the services provided in our Outdoor Service Frequently Asked Questions.
- Do you accept donations? Visit Library Donations Status for the latest information.
- Patron and staff safety is our first priority. Please read about the safety measures we are taking to ensure safety while using library services.
- Our goal is to return to full services as soon as it is safe to do so.
September 15, 2020
Last Updated: Nov 10, 2017