Outdoor Service Questions
How do I request materials for pickup?
- Using the Library catalog, place items on hold. You may place up to 10 holds.
- Library staff generate a report and retrieve requested items from the shelves if they are available.
- We will contact you by email or phone to let you know when an item is ready.
- You will have up to 10 days to pick up the item.
- The notification will include the date by which item(s) should be picked up.
- We send notifications when each item becomes available. If you requested more than one item, you may check the items' status in your account and plan to pick up items together.
How do I pick up materials?
- Book a Holds Pickup Appointment to pick up requested materials from the Library Plaza (located outdoors just in front of the main public entrance doors).
- Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., by appointment only
- You can pick up items for multiple family members. Include their name(s) and Library card number(s) when making the appointment.
- Appointments will be in set increments.
- At the start of your appointment time, staff will place your items on a table in front of the Library doors in a safe, contactless manner.
- See Holds Pickup by Appointment for more details about this service.
How do I return materials?
- You may return materials to the Library anytime.
- Return books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays anytime.
- Return electronics or kits at your appointment.
How do I return or borrow Link+ materials?
- You may return Link+ materials to the Library anytime.
- Signs will be posted to indicate where to return materials.
- The Link+ service is available for requesting new materials. Visit Checkouts, Renewals and Holds and scroll to the bottom for directions.
How do I get a new library card?
What happens to Outdoor Service during poor weather?
The Library will watch the Air Quality Index (AQI) during events impacting air quality. We will close Outdoor Services if the air quality is unsafe.
Check our website, social media and/or AQI or call 408-730-7300 before coming to the Library. Sign up for our email list to receive the latest information on changes to service delivered directly to your inbox.
Do you offer Wi-Fi/Internet access?
While the Library facility is closed to the public, the computers inside the Library are not available for use. However, we have relocated 5 picnic tables from the plaza to the grassy area near the entrance to the Library parking lot on Olive Ave. The Library's Wi-Fi signal is strong in this location, and you are welcome to access the Internet from this location. Additionally, the Library has tripled the number of hotspots available for checkout. You can use the hotspot to connect your device to the Internet for free. Reserve a hotspot.
Do you offer computers?
While the Library facility is closed to the public, the computers inside the Library are not available for use. However, we have a Chromebook and hotspot lending program.
Do you accept donations of materials?
Please check Library Donations Status for the latest information about donations during this time.
Do you offer printing, scanning or copying services?
Printing, scanning and copying will be available in a future phase of reopening.
February 11, 2021
Last Updated: Nov 10, 2017