Questions about Reopening
How do I request materials for pickup?
- Using the Library catalog, place items on hold. You may place up to 10 holds.
- We will contact you by email or phone to let you know when an item is ready.
- You will have up to 8 days to pick up the item.
- The notification will include the date by which item(s) should be picked up.
- We send notifications when each item becomes available. If you requested more than one item, you may check the items' status in your account and plan to pick up items together.
How do I pick up materials?
- Pick up requested materials from the Holds Shelf inside the Library.
- Monday through Saturday, 1 to 6 p.m.
How do I return materials?
- You may return materials to the Library anytime.
- Return books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays anytime.
- Return Link+ books, electronics or kits inside.
How do I return or borrow Link+ materials?
- You may return Link+ materials to the Library anytime.
- Signs will be posted to indicate where to return materials.
- The Link+ service is available for requesting new materials. Visit Checkouts, Renewals and Holds and scroll to the bottom for directions.
How do I get a new library card?
How do I receive updates about Library service and programs?
Check our website and social media or call 408-730-7300 before coming to the Library. Sign up for our email list to receive the latest information on changes to service delivered directly to your inbox.
Do you offer Wi-Fi/Internet access?
When we reopen the building, Wi-Fi will be available inside during your brief visit. We also have five picnic tables in the grassy area near the entrance to the Library parking lot on Olive Ave. The Library's Wi-Fi signal is strong in this location, and you are welcome to access the Internet from this location. Additionally, the Library has tripled the number of hotspots available for checkout. You can use the hotspot to connect your device to the Internet for free. Reserve a hotspot.
Do you offer computers?
While the Library building is reopening on April 13, the computers inside the Library are not available for use. However, we have a Chromebook and hotspot lending program.
Do you accept donations of materials?
Please check Library Donations Status for the latest information about donations during this time.
Do you offer printing, scanning or copying services?
Printing, scanning and copying will be available in a future phase of reopening.
Do you have more questions not covered here?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions database and search for your topic. You may also use tab at the bottom of the Library website to Chat with a Librarian or call us at 408-730-7300.
May 4, 2021
Last Updated: Nov 10, 2017