Our pharmaceutical disposal program is designed to help you safely
dispose of your medications. This program prevents thousands of pounds
of old, unused or expired drugs from entering our environment and
waterways or being misused. Learn more about water pollution prevention
What is Accepted
- Prescription medication
- Over the counter medication
- Medicated ointments and creams
- Liquid medication in tightly sealed plastic bottles (No glass)
What is NOT Accepted
- Syringes or lancets
- Medical devices
- Blood pressure and diabetic devices
- Personal hygiene items
- Bug spray
- Pill cutters
- Empty pill containers
- Household cleaning products
- Glass containers of any kind
Find disposal alternatives for unacceptable items with How to Get Rid of Anything
How and Where to Drop off Medications
You may leave the product in its original container or place solid medicines in a sealed plastic bag.
- If leaving in the original container, cross out or remove personal identifying information.
You may drop off your acceptable pharmaceuticals at the following locations:
Med-Project kiosks located throughout the county
Sunnyvale Fire Stations
- No appointment needed.
- Give medications to fire personnel.
- Knock or ring at the door if you don't see fire personnel outside.
Do not leave any medications unattended.