City Honors Community Members
Mayor Larry Klein and the City Council presented the 2019 Sunnyvale Community Awards in a ceremony at the State of the City celebration. The event took place Sept. 14 in downtown Sunnyvale.
The Community Awards recognize the dedication and hard work of community members across a variety of fields who have made a difference in Sunnyvale.
This year’s awardees are:
- Contribution to the Arts – Lawrence E. Stone (Santa Clara County Assessor)
- Educator of the Year – Mary Grace Votran (Columbia Middle School)
- High School Students of the Year – Kaushik Tota (Saint Francis High School) and Zara Vakath (The Harker School)
- Environmental Achievement – Mark Bowers (City of Sunnyvale)
- Business of the Year – Ray Piontek (Bay Area Furniture Bank)
- Distinguished Resident of the Year – Dr. Benjamin H. Picard (Superintendent, Sunnyvale School District)
- Mayor’s Award of Excellence – Animal Assisted Happiness
Nominations are now open year round and we are accepting award nominations for the 2020 Community Awards. Don't wait to nominate!
September 16, 2019