Questions about Reopening
Do I need to wear a mask in the building?
No. Masks are recommended, but not required as of March 2, 2022.
As defined by the County Health Department's Order, a “Face covering” means a face covering that is well-fitted to an individual and covers the nose and mouth especially while talking, consistent with the face covering guidance of the CDPH. A face covering does not include a scarf, ski mask, balaclava, bandana, turtleneck, collar, or single layer of fabric or any mask that has an unfiltered one-way exhaust valve.
How do I request materials for pickup?
- Using the Library catalog, place items on hold. You may place up to 10 holds.
- We will contact you by email or phone to let you know when an item is ready.
- You will have up to 8 days to pick up the item.
- The notification will include the date by which item(s) should be picked up.
- We send notifications when each item becomes available. If you requested more than one item, you may check the items' status in your account and plan to pick up items together.
How do I pick up materials?
- Pick up requested materials from the Holds Shelf inside the Library.
- Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 to 6 p.m.
How do I return materials?
- You may return materials to the Library anytime.
- Return books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays anytime.
- Return Link books, electronics or kits inside.
How do I return or borrow Link+ materials?
- You may return Link+ materials to the Library anytime.
- The Link+ service is available for requesting new materials. Visit Checkouts, Renewals and Holds and scroll to the bottom for directions.
How do I get a new library card?
Visit Get a Library Card for detailed information about getting a new Library card.
How do I receive updates about Library service and programs?
Check our website and social media or call 408-730-7300 before coming to the Library. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest information on changes to service delivered directly to your inbox.
Do you accept donations of materials?
Please check Library Donations Status for the latest information about donations during this time.
Do you have more questions not covered here?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions database and search for your topic. You may also use tab at the bottom of the Library website to Chat with a Librarian or call us at 408-730-7300.
March 2, 2022