City Honors 2020 Community Awardees
Mayor Larry Klein and the City Council presented the 2020 Sunnyvale Community Awards in a virtual ceremony due to COVID-19 restrictions. The video premiered on Facebook and YouTube on Sept. 19.
The Community Awards recognize the dedication and hard work of community members across a variety of fields who have made a difference in Sunnyvale.
This year’s awardees are:
- Distinguished Resident of the Year – Greg and Kristi Bodzioch (E-sports)
- Educator of the Year – Jesus Ramirez (Fremont High School)
- High School Student of the Year – Peri Plantenberg (Homestead High School)
- Business of the Year – Sunnyvale Community Services
- Contribution to the Arts – Jan Knight
- Environmental Achievement – Kristel Wickham
- Mayor’s Award of Excellence (individual) – Michael Johnson (Sunnyvale Downtown Association)
- Mayor’s Award of Excellence (group) – Our Daily Bread
Nominations are now open year round and we are accepting award nominations for the 2021 Community Awards. Don't wait to nominate!
September 21, 2020