City Honors 2021 Community Awardees
Mayor Larry Klein and the City Council presented the 2021 Sunnyvale Community Awards on Oct. 9. The presentation was to a small gathering of invited guests (due to COVID-19 restrictions).
The Community Awards recognize the dedication and hard work of community members across a variety of fields who have made a difference in Sunnyvale.
This year’s awardees are:
- Distinguished Resident of the Year – Murali Srinivasan
- Educators of the Year – Julio Delgado (Vargas Elementary School) and Marissa Kacmarsky (Stocklmeir Elementary School)
- High School Student of the Year – Radhika Agarwal (Homestead High School)
- Business of the Year – Sunnyvale School District
- Contribution to the Arts – Chitra Venkatramani
- Environmental Achievement – Dorit and Dave Chapman
- Mayor’s Award of Excellence (individual) – Dianne McKenna
- Mayor’s Award of Excellence (group) – Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Nominations are open year round. We are accepting award nominations for the 2022 Community Awards.
Don't wait to nominate!
October 12, 2021