Civic Center Construction
Construction for this project is well under way. This is Phase 1 of the project which includes a new City Hall and Emergency Operations Center, and Public Safety building renovations. Project completion is expected spring 2023.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Current expected work hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Look for “No Parking” signs in areas of construction activities.
- Signs will include hours and location details.
- All other parking restrictions are still in effect.
- Olive Avenue may be closed on occasion.
- Expect a few traffic delays, potential noise and dust during construction.
The following areas are closed to access:
- Two north City Hall parking lots
- Department of Public Safety front parking lot
- City Hall entrances on Olive Avenue
- City Hall parking access is from the south side (All America Way)
- Utility Billing entrance at the City Hall Annex remains unchanged
- Public Safety Building entrance remains unchanged
See map of Construction Zone
Civic Center Trees
The City assessed all the trees on the Civic Center site in 2017. As we planned the project our goal was to keep as many trees as possible. There will be 434 trees after construction.
In the Phase 1 project area we are:
- Adding about 30% more trees by planting 190 new ones
- Keeping most of the existing trees in place
- Relocating some trees elsewhere on the site
- Salvaging the wood from removed trees when possible to make furnishings for the new City Hall
For more information
Visit Civic Center Modernization Project for artist renderings, additional details, documents, background and updates.
February 9, 2022