Gourmet Earth Week Events
Celebrate the planet, fill your stomach and win big this April!
This year, the City is throwing the planet a big virtual celebration and we want you to join us. All events will be held online. Visit the Eventbrite registration pages below for details.
Youth Climate Action Trivia
When: April 17, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Calling all students 18 and under! Test your knowledge on sustainability and climate action at trivia night with Silicon Valley Youth Climate Action.
Cook-off for Climate
When: April 18, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Mayor Klein, Ramana Chinnakotla (Environmental Services Director), and Jaqui Guzman (Deputy City Manager) will compete to see who can create the tastiest plant-forward meal. The cook-off will be hosted by Rachelle Boucher, celebrity chef and electric cooking expert.
Kids in the Kitchen
When: April 19, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Join Gumba’s Italian Restaurant for an at-home pizza party! Chef Tony from Gumba’s will teach your kids how to make their very own pizza.
Climate Reality Project: Impacts, Solutions, and What You Can do to Help
When: April 19, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Join certified Climate Reality Leader, Erin Zimmerman, Ph.D., for a discussion about the causes and consequences of climate change and what you can do to help.
BAWSCA Edible Gardening Workshop
When: April 21, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Learn how to grow your own food in your backyard or balcony with in-ground beds, raised beds and containers.
Zero Wasty, Very Tasty
When: April 22, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Join this live cook-along with Anne-Marie Bonneau, the Zero Waste Chef. Learn to prepare a delicious fried rice recipe while reducing food waste.
When: April 23, noon to 2 p.m.
- Join Master Composters Dan and Diane to learn how to start your own compost.
EV 101: An Introduction to Owning Electric Vehicles
When: April 24, 11 a.m. to noon
- Learn about electric vehicles (EVs), their benefits, incentives, and more. Bring your questions and have them answered by our EV experts from REACH Strategies.
Fix it Up! Repair Café
When: April 24, noon to 4 p.m.
- Is your toaster not toasting? Your blender not blending? Bring your item in need of repair and get one-on-one guidance on how to fix it.
Bingo for a Better Planet
Participate in our Bingo for a Better Planet challenge from April 1 through 30. Complete easy actions to reduce your environmental impact throughout the month, such as visiting the Sunnyvale Farmers’ Market, drawing an Earth Day poster or picking up litter.
- Take a photo of the activity you completed
- If you have a private social media account direct message (DM) your photo to @cityofsunnyvale on Instagram or @SunnyvaleEnvironmentalServices on Facebook
- If you have a public social media account you can also post your photos and use #SunnyvaleBingo2021 or tag @cityofsunnyvale on Instagram or @SunnyvaleEnvironmentalServices on Facebook
Every Friday in April we will raffle off a prize for *Bingo participants. Your photos could even be featured on the City’s Instagram account (with your permission).
Weekly prizes are, in order, a zero-waste kit, an induction cooktop, a smart (indoor) garden, and an Our Place's Always Pan. Participants may only win once.
Download the shareable Bingo sheet
To be eligible for our Bingo prizes:
Use these Bingo resources:
* Only Sunnyvale residents are eligible for prizes. City of Sunnyvale staff are not eligible.
March 30, 2021