We are Providing Virtual Services During COVID-19
We are evaluating what services can be phased in at the One-Stop Center at City Hall as a result of the updated County Health Order. Please check back frequently for updates on available services.
We continue to provide virtual support for existing permit applications and in-progress projects. Services includes Public Works, Planning, Building and Fire Prevention. Staff will review electronic applications remotely while the shelter in place order is in effect. Please be patient with delays. See below for the essential services being provided.
- Minor permits are available online through E-OneStop.
- Building permits for emergency repairs will be accepted at the entrance to the One-Stop Permit Center, but please try E-OneStop first. At the door, wait for a receptionist to assist you. You must wear a mask to be served. You must provide three sets of plans and a completed Building and Fire Permit application.
- Contact the One-Stop Permit Center for instructions on how to resubmit plan checks and project addendums.
- We are accepting new digital small residential plan checks. Email Plan Check Submittals for directions.
- We are evaluating how best to accept non-residential and large residential building plan check applications during the latest County of Santa Clara shelter in place order.
The Planning Division is accepting all staff-level, public hearing and emergency tree removal applications electronically.
Submit completed applications to Planning:
We are accepting all encroachment permit applications electronically. Submit completed applications as a PDF (no larger than 5 MB) or send using a file-sharing link to Public Works. Incomplete applications will delay processing.
Public Improvement Plans
After Planning approval, submit public improvement plans associated with development projects to Public Works.
For initial submittals, attach a completed offsite checklist and plans as a PDF (no larger than 5 MB) or send using a file-sharing link. We will contact you within two to three business days to schedule a virtual meeting to review the submittal.
- Building inspections for all types of construction will be provided. We may not be able to accommodate all inspections as requested. Priority will be given for emergency repairs or developments at critical phases of construction.
- Online inspection requests are temporarily suspended. Call the One-Stop Permit Center (below) to schedule an inspection.
- Encroachment permit inspections - Schedule inspections for emergency repairs, utilities and select residential projects by contacting Public Works (below).
All construction sites must follow the April 29, 2020 Order of the Health Officer of Santa Clara County:
Questions? Email a planner.
For more information email or call:
Building and Fire Prevention / One-Stop Permit Center - 408-730-7444
Planning - 408-730-7440
Public Works and Engineering Services - 408-730-7415
Housing – 408-730-7250