Block parties offer great opportunities to meet neighbors, and the City is here to help you make sure that your party is a fun, safe experience for everyone.
You Need a Block Party Permit
- If your party requires the closure of one or two neighborhood streets, and
- If your guests will consist mainly of neighborhood residents
To get a Block Party Permit
- Get verbal permission from the neighbors who will be affected by the street closure.
- Fill out the Block Party Permit Request and save to your desktop. You can either send by email to Fire Prevention or fax to 408-328-0726.
- Send your permit request at least 10 business days before your party.
For Larger Events
At least 6 weeks in advance of your event, contact Community Services at 408-730-7599 or email Events if:
- Your party will have more than 300 guests, or
- Requires the closure of several streets, or will be
- Open to the public beyond your neighborhood boundaries