Scheduled Street Maintenance
The City performs ongoing preventive street maintenance for 284 miles of City streets throughout the year. The work includes resurfacing the pavement, sealing the surface with chip or slurry seal, or reconstructing the pavement to extend the lifetime of a street. This work requires scheduled closures.
Slurry Seal Schedule
- 2 to 4 weeks prior to maintenance work: A street closure notice will be sent to your residence.
- 1 to 2 weeks prior to maintenance: "No Parking" signs with street closure times and dates will be posted on your street.
What Do I Need to Do During Scheduled Maintenance on My Street?
- All traffic needs to stay off the street until the cones and barricades have been removed completely. If the cones and barricades are still in the street (even if pushed to the side), the street is still closed.
- Park your vehicle on a connecting street and walk to your residence until your street reopens.
- If you are planning to go on vacation and your street is scheduled for maintenance, remember to park your vehicles in your driveway so they will not be towed.
Report a Street Maintenance Issue Online