Are there still water restrictions?
Yes. The State of California has directed cities and water agencies to continue conservation efforts.
In June 2016, the Sunnyvale City Council adopted a new water use reduction target of 15 percent through June 30, 2017.
Updated Irrigation Schedule
An ordinance that passed in 2016 loosened outdoor irrigation
restrictions. You may now water your yard a maximum of three days a
week. (Drip irrigation is exempt from this schedule.)
- Odd-numbered addresses water on Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Even-numbered addresses water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
Read the City's Water Conservation Restrictions
Water Conservation Programs
- Call the Santa Clara Valley Water Conservation Hotline at
408-630-2554 to schedule a free water survey to find ways to reduce
usage and lower your monthly utility bill.
Track Your Water Usage
Learn how to read your meter
Report Water Wasters
- Report water wasters in Sunnyvale to the Santa Clara Valley Water District and find Drought Watch updates.
- Report water wasters anonymously anywhere in the state at Save Our Water.